Timeshare Companies

(Vacation limitless) First company who actually helps me get rid of my timeshare

0

votes

Oct 27, 2019

About 4 months ago I attended a presentation at Vidanta in Riviera Maya and I want to post my experience.

At first, It seemed like any other b.s. company that promised us to help us get rid of our timeshare. Honestly, after reading many posts here and on tugbbs I've been very hesitant about taking a deal in which I would have to pay a fee upfront in order to get a third party or any firm to get rid of the membership, for what they offered me a deal in which I could get their Vacation Limitless program and they would show me step by step how to deed back my program myself at zero cost.

Now, I don't always use my Westgate at painted mountain and they showed me their program in which I would be able to get in (and many other locations) for less than $299 and also get access to Vidanta itself at member rates so I agreed with low expectations about the TS-ridding thing, given that I was genuinely interested in their program. The agreement was pretty much black and white and all the benefits we're appealing

A couple of weeks later I did exactly as they said and Halleluia! I honestly didn't think It would work but it did. It's amazing how the right pieces of information can get you a long way! I would really like to know about any of your experiences with the company helping you with your TS and the Vacation limitless program itself! really looking forward to using the benefits.

Marty B.

Avatar for Marty B.
Marty B.

0

votes

Oct 28, 2019

So how much did they charge you?

Avatar for Lance C.
Lance C.

0

votes

Oct 28, 2019

Sounds like a SCAM to me . You are now out $ 299 and all you have is a worthless promise just like all presentations .

Avatar for Don P.
Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Oct 28, 2019 11:20 AM

0

votes

Oct 28, 2019

For the program i only paid $8,900 and $1,879 transfer fee, so at least the first promise is done, hopefully the program works the same way.

Avatar for Marty B.
Marty B.

0

votes

Oct 28, 2019

Well I hope not, i mean the $299 is on writing and at least they took me out of the timeshare, which was my biggest issue. In a couple months i´ll post if it actually worked.

Avatar for Marty B.
Marty B.

0

votes

Oct 29, 2019

I have been through a very similar situation but a company helped me to transfer my membership, I recommend them because they gave me a solution to this problem. PFCM helps foreigners that have invested in Mexico.

Avatar for Madeleine S.
Madeleine S.

0

votes

Oct 29, 2019

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!! If you decide to send them your hard earned money I will guarantee that you will not sleep well worrying that they just took your money and they will not do anything for it and you are probably right . You can contact your home resort and negotiate your own exit . I did that with two timeshares in 2011 . You don't need to pay someone thousands of dollars to do what you can do yourself for free .

Avatar for Don P.
Don P.

0

votes

Oct 30, 2019

Completely agree, when you pay money up front you never see that money again and you still pay the timeshare fees. When they told me you could do it for free I didn’t believe it but it actually works

Avatar for Marty B.
Marty B.

0

votes

May 12, 2020

Hi Marty,

I just wanted to ask because we got the same deal. How did you get rid of the other timeshare? Did you do the TRM and transferred the title over? Or something else?

Avatar for A O.
A O.

0

votes

Jan 19, 2021

Hey I’m trying to get out of my timeshare how did u do it

Avatar for Mayela M.
Mayela M.

0

votes

Jan 21, 2021

mayelam wrote:
Hey I’m trying to get out of my timeshare how did u do it

That depends on a few factors. Are your maintenance fees paid up? Do you have anything left owing on the mortgage? If you are paid up on these, then you have a few options.

1) Advertise your unit for free give away her on RedWeek. You can also try E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG; tugbbs.com) which as a Bargain Deals section that allows you to advertise for free that you want to give your unit away.

2) Ask the resort to take your unit back. If it is with Diamond, Westgate, or Wyndham, those systems have a program in place that will take a select, limited number of units back from owners who want to give up ownership. For some, only developer-direct purchased units qualify. With other systems, try contacting the resort's Homeowners' Association.

3) If neither of these works, you can just quit paying maintenance fees and let the unit go into foreclosure. You might face a bunch of collection calls and letters and possibly a credit score hit.

The big thing though is to not go contacting these companies and law firms that claim they can get you out of your timeshare. Those are usually scams.

Avatar for Lance C.
Lance C.

0

votes

Jan 25, 2021

Hello, I found your post on here and wanted to ask how it went with the program that you purchased for the vacation weeks? We just purchased the same program today at a Vidanta in Mexico. Thought it would be a good way to try out the program and see if it’s really all day talked it up to be. Would love to hear your experience. Thank you!

martyb83 wrote:
About 4 months ago I attended a presentation at Vidanta in Riviera Maya and I want to post my experience.

At first, It seemed like any other b.s. company that promised us to help us get rid of our timeshare. Honestly, after reading many posts here and on tugbbs I've been very hesitant about taking a deal in which I would have to pay a fee upfront in order to get a third party or any firm to get rid of the membership, for what they offered me a deal in which I could get their Vacation Limitless program and they would show me step by step how to deed back my program myself at zero cost.

Now, I don't always use my Westgate at painted mountain and they showed me their program in which I would be able to get in (and many other locations) for less than $299 and also get access to Vidanta itself at member rates so I agreed with low expectations about the TS-ridding thing, given that I was genuinely interested in their program. The agreement was pretty much black and white and all the benefits we're appealing

A couple of weeks later I did exactly as they said and Halleluia! I honestly didn't think It would work but it did. It's amazing how the right pieces of information can get you a long way! I would really like to know about any of your experiences with the company helping you with your TS and the Vacation limitless program itself! really looking forward to using the benefits.

Marty B.

Avatar for Michelle G.
Michelle G.

0

votes

Jan 25, 2021

michelleg646 wrote:
We just purchased the same program today at a Vidanta in Mexico.

You do realize that you still have four days to rescind and reconsider your purchase, don't you?

Avatar for Lance C.
Lance C.

0

votes

Feb 02, 2021

We just purchased at Vidanta and discovered we were lied to about how the Vida dollars work. We were told 1) you could use your own travel agent and get reimbursed from your Vida account and 2) you can pay 80% of your travel costs anytime you book, but on the 1st Friday of each month, you can pay 100% of your travel with Vida dollars. Both turn out to be lies. You can only book thru Vida, you can only book what Vida offers, and you can generally only use Vida dollars for 20% or so of the cost of the travel. Huge misrepresentation as Vida dollars are very restricted and of little benefit. Don't fall for the lies. Avoid purchasing at all costs!!

Avatar for Paul J.
Paul J.

0

votes

Feb 15, 2021

Well the sales guys lied to me and I made a complaint hopefully I get my money back it’s been 4 days

Avatar for Adrian D.
Adrian D.

0

votes

Feb 15, 2021

adriand53 wrote:
Well the sales guys lied to me and I made a complaint hopefully I get my money back it’s been 4 days

Making a complaint won't likely do the trick. If you want to completely rescind your purchase, follow the instructions given to you in your owner's package. Likely it will tell you to mail a rescission letter and have all parties who signed as purchasers sign the rescission letter.

If this is in Mexico, you still have one day to do this so get on it.

Avatar for Lance C.
Lance C.

1

vote

Mar 02, 2021

Hello, so after a brutal 6 hour presentation and them harassing me, I stuck to my decision and didn’t let them bully me into purchasing a timeshare although they insist that it isn’t a timeshare. However I did purchase the limitless vacation package for $2000. My question is do I have the 4 days to get out of that as well? Because now I’m having second thoughts

Avatar for Bianca P.
Bianca P.

0

votes

Mar 02, 2021

You should definitely read your contract, but previous discussions have noted that rescission rights are reserved for timeshare purchases. You bought a prepaid vacation package. Not the same thing. Make sure to read the details.

Avatar for John I.
John I.

0

votes

Mar 02, 2021

biancap19 wrote:
Hello, so after a brutal 6 hour presentation and them harassing me, I stuck to my decision and didn’t let them bully me into purchasing a timeshare although they insist that it isn’t a timeshare. However I did purchase the limitless vacation package for $2000. My question is do I have the 4 days to get out of that as well? Because now I’m having second thoughts

Yes, read your contract. You should have rescission rights. These rights apply to memberships as well as deeded property.

Avatar for Lance C.
Lance C.

0

votes

Apr 07, 2021

Alguien ha reservado con Vacation limitless? Estoy en vidanta y me lo ofrecieron

Avatar for Sarahi M.
Sarahi M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.