General Discussion

Destination weddings

0

votes

Jul 01, 2007

My family is planning a destination wedding next June in the US Virgin Islalnds. Does anyone have any experience with this? We are looking for a resort that has a combination of RCI, II and rentals for the general public. We expect about 30 plus friends and family to attend and we want everyone to stay at the same resort. Also we would need a resort that has a wedding planner to help with the details. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Avatar for Amy R.
Amy R.

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

amyr8 amyr8states, quoted in pertinent part:

>> We are looking for a resort that has a combination of RCI, II and rentals for the general public.

....and a wedding planner too <<

I am willing to bet any amount you wish to wager that no such place exists --- period. This would be an extraordinarily rare (impossible???) and strange combination of features for a Caribbean timeshare resort and, if found to exist at all, would be most unlikely to be able to accomodate 30 people in any imaginable scenario. Further, no timeshare facility on the planet has (or wants to have) a "wedding planner", to the best of my knowledge. Is this a really tongue in cheek inquiry?

My own advice would be to eliminate the timeshare element entirely from this particular fantasy and instead focus upon finding a strictly commercial entity, along with its affiliated "wedding planner", and which is able and willing to accomodate your 30 people. .....and good luck even then.

Avatar for KC
KC

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

ken1193

amyr8 wrote:
amyr8states, quoted in pertinent part:

>> We are looking for a resort that has a combination of RCI, II and rentals for the general public.

....and a wedding planner too <<

I am willing to bet any amount you wish to wager that no such place exists --- period. This would be an extraordinarily rare (impossible???) and strange combination of features for a Caribbean timeshare resort and, if found to exist at all, would be most unlikely to be able to accomodate 30 people in any imaginable scenario. Further, no timeshare facility on the planet has (or wants to have) a "wedding planner", to the best of my knowledge. Is this a really tongue in cheek inquiry?

My own advice would be to eliminate the timeshare element entirely from this particular fantasy and instead focus upon finding a strictly commercial entity, along with its affiliated "wedding planner", and which is able and willing to accomodate your 30 people. .....and good luck even then.

You are quite mistaken. My family has already held one such event in the Cancun area. The resort accommadated us very well and they did indeed employ a wedding planner who helped with all the arrangements. The wedding was wonderful and everyone had a terrific time. I know they are available in the Carribean also but would like to know which ones are best.

Avatar for Amy R.
Amy R.

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

Re: >> I know they are available in the Carribean also but would like to know which ones are best.<<

My bet stands --- AND I'll give you odds too. Dual RCI / II affiliation, also rents out timeshare units to the public, has a wedding planner, is located in the USVI, and is ready and/or willing to take 30 people ??? (what might be available in glutted Cancun is irrelevant.......).

I sincerely hope that you find what you're looking for, but my bet still stands that it simply does NOT exist...... Prove me wrong --- I'll send a wedding present myself!

Avatar for KC
KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 02, 2007 07:28 AM

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

amyr8 wrote:
You are quite mistaken. My family has already held one such event in the Cancun area. The resort accommadated us very well and they did indeed employ a wedding planner who helped with all the arrangements. The wedding was wonderful and everyone had a terrific time. I know they are available in the Carribean also but would like to know which ones are best.

Why not try a google search for such a resort in the Caribbean then narrow it down to the ones you like the best or have the best reviews. You can email resorts and request wedding planning info. Good luck to you .... it sounds very romantic.

Avatar for R P.
R P.

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

Here's two timeshares that can do weddings in St Maarten:

http://www.oysterbaybeachresort.com/weddings.html

http://www.marysboon.com/wedding.htm

Avatar for R P.
R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 02, 2007 10:27 AM

0

votes

Jul 02, 2007

jayjay has considerately pointed out : >> Here's two timeshares that can do weddings in St Maarten << =======================================

St. Maarten is surely a lovely place (I haven't been there, so can't claim to know personally). What I DO know with certainty, however, is that it's NOT part of the U.S. Virgin Islands --- which is where the poster first specifically inquired about. St. Marteen is an island whose ownership is split between the Netherlands and France.

Not seeking to to nitpick, but since I've got a USVI specific bet offered out on the table here, with a wedding gift at stake, I just wanted the facts straight... ;-)

Avatar for KC
KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 02, 2007 02:46 PM

0

votes

Jul 03, 2007

You are indeed correct. I misread it to be the Caribbean. St Maarten is in the Lesser Antilles bordered by the Caribbean. We were in St. Maarten (Dutch side) many years ago on a cruise, but from what I've read it has changed a lot. Back then, it was a quaint but lovely tourist village.

I will google to see what wedding features can be had at any Virgin Island Resorts (I believe that St. Thomas is in the Virgin Islands) so surely there's a resort that does weddings (or that's affiliated with wedding planners). We were also in St. Thomas on the same cruise as the one above. They have many high end shops ... it's a shopper's paradise.

ken1193 wrote:
St. Maarten is surely a lovely place (I haven't been there, so can't claim to know personally). What I DO know with certainty, however, is that it's NOT part of the U.S. Virgin Islands --- which is where the poster first specifically inquired about. St. Marteen is an island whose ownership is split between the Netherlands and France.

Not seeking to to nitpick, but since I've got a USVI specific bet offered out on the table here, with a wedding gift at stake, I just wanted the facts straight... ;-)

Avatar for R P.
R P.

0

votes

Jul 03, 2007

The Virgin Islands are St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix. There are 16 RCI timeshare resorts in the Virgin Islands (5 on St. Thomas, 5 on St. John and 6 on St. Croix).

There are 4 Interval International timeshare resorts in the Virgin Islands (3 on St. Thomas and 1 on St. John.)

Surely you can find a wedding planner affiliated with one of the resorts above. Have fun !

Avatar for R P.
R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Jul 03, 2007 09:18 AM

1

vote

Jan 27, 2021

Thanks dear!

Avatar for Jacey T.
Jacey T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.