GLOBAL EXCHANGE VACATION CLUB - How are they still in business?

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 4 of 4

«  prev page   1 2 3 4   next page  »

Message Author

By Jamie M.

To Nicole T.:My question is were you able to cancel your membership without ant hassle?

Yes I was able to cancel. It states on your contract how many days you have to cancel. 7 days from the signing of the contract was stated on my contract.

Last edit by jamiem388 on Feb 03, 2020 02:32 AM.

3 months ago
Feb 03, 2020

By KC

Contract Rescission / Cancellation

Just as a relevant point of clarification, it is the applicable state law of the state where the contract was executed that determines the time period allotted for contract cancellation. It doesn't matter where the buyer resides, if that buyer happens to reside in a different state (or country) and it doesn't matter what the developer / club seller inserts for a cancellation period if that period is different from that state's law.

It is NOT an option for ANY developer (or club membership seller) to EVER decline or fail to process a properly and timely submitted cancellation and issue a 100% refund of any deposit paid (within 45 days, maximum). They are not voluntarily or charitably doing you any kind of favor. It's the law, plain and simple --- and they know that to violate it would have very serious legal consequences for them.

If a contract identifies a cancellation time period that accurately reflects that state's law, that's great and entirely appropriate. If the contract reflects a shorter time period than the applicable state law, that contract period is invalid; applicable state law ALWAYS prevails, no matter what the contract tries to portray differently. A developer / club seller could of course lawfully identify a cancellation period that is longer than the applicable state law provides, but that has never happened and never will; there is obviously no motivation or reason for them to ever provide a longer cancellation period than the law requires.

Last edit by ken1193 on Feb 03, 2020 07:10 AM.

3 months ago
Feb 03, 2020

By Breanne H.

GLOBAL EXCHANGE VACATION CLUB

Do you have the address to mail the letter to? I just purchased Friday evening in California (it is now Sunday afternoon). I want to get this letter stamped and mailed off ASAP! I just don't know where to sent it to

Avatar for Breanne H. Breanne H.

2 months ago
Mar 08, 2020

By Breanne H.

Did you indeed get out of your membership? I purchased Friday evening in California, it is currently Sunday afternoon, and I'm freaking out. Super huge buyers remorse. Did you send a certified stamped letter as well as fax? What was the mailing address? I will give that phone number you listed for Karolyn a call right now. Thank you for your time!

2 months ago
Mar 08, 2020

By KC

breanneh7 wrote:
I purchased Friday evening in California, it is currently Sunday afternoon, and I'm freaking out. Super huge buyers remorse. Did you send a certified stamped letter as well as fax? What was the mailing address? I will give that phone number you listed for Karolyn a call right now. Thank you for your time!

Just to be very clear, you must rescind a contract in writing, under original signature. You cannot rescind a legally binding contract "over the phone" and a fax is equally unacceptable and legally inadequate; email is also entirely useless and invalid from a legal perspective. Send your rescission by certified U.S. mail . Anything and everything else is just a waste of your time and effort. The postmark date on your certified mail is what matters from a legal perspective; it doesn't matter when they actually receive it.

You should have been (by law) provided with rescission details at the time of contract execution. It might be provided within the contract itself, or provided in a separate document (or on a CD or flash drive). One way or another, you were provided with rescission details and instructions, as it is a legal requirement for them to provide you with that information right at the time of contract execution.

Last edit by ken1193 on Mar 10, 2020 06:29 AM.

2 months ago
Mar 08, 2020

By Alfred W.

BB was such an amazing experience, He asked us if we had a great experience to just leave a good review and I couldn’t deny him. The way that the presentation went was almost one of the best experiences of my life, more so because we didn’t know what to expect coming in but the way t(he)y explained the program and all the great things we can do with it we knew this is for us. Young man I want you to shoot for the stars and continue to be that special person you are, now dropping down to how we feel about it.

2 months ago
Mar 08, 2020

By Jamie M.

breanneh7 wrote:
Did you indeed get out of your membership? I purchased Friday evening in California, it is currently Sunday afternoon, and I'm freaking out. Super huge buyers remorse. Did you send a certified stamped letter as well as fax? What was the mailing address? I will give that phone number you listed for Karolyn a call right now. Thank you for your time!

Yes Breanneh7 I luckily got out of the membership. The address should be in your contract (the USB they provided). I realized they attach a USB instead of paper copies, that way it is more difficult to find the contract. The address on my contract is addressed to the main office in Mission Viejo.

GEVC 27405 Puerta Real, Suite 100, Mission Viejo, Ca 92691 (800)269-1509 Fax- (866)659-3730

If you've seen my past posts, you can call and fax the rescission letter as well, but it is not valid. For my sanity, I did both (Fax and Certified Mail). I received a e-mail that same day confirming cancellation of contract and refund would be processed within 10 business days. You have 7 days from the date of purchase to cancel this contract. About a week after sending via certified mail, I received a letter confirming cancellation of contract and receipt of full refund. Goodluck!

And to add, KC has many great points and advice to this feed. Please make sure to read his past posts.

Last edit by jamiem388 on Mar 09, 2020 09:42 AM.

2 months ago
Mar 09, 2020

By KC

alfredw31 wrote:
BB was such an amazing experience, He asked us if we had a great experience to just leave a good review and I couldn’t deny him. The way that the presentation went was almost one of the best experiences of my life, more so because we didn’t know what to expect coming in but the way t(he)y explained the program and all the great things we can do with it we knew this is for us. Young man I want you to shoot for the stars and continue to be that special person you are, now dropping down to how we feel about it.

I don't really have ANY idea what THAT is all about. A sales presentation was a "great experience" and "one of the best experiences of your life"? Are you just pulling our legs here, with tongue in cheek? I don't know whether to laugh or cry after reading this incoherent and unconvincing (shill) "endorsement"......of I don't even know what.

Last edit by ken1193 on Mar 10, 2020 06:28 AM.

2 months ago
Mar 09, 2020

By Breanne H.

Thank you so very much Jamiem388 !! Yes! I have been reading this whole thread over and over. I appreciate everything mentioned here. I was looking all thru my paperwork, and couldn't find a thing. Then I also realized that USB had to have something on it. I searched thru the thumb drive today and found that same address and fax number! I did receive and email right away after I sent the fax, but I also made sure to also send the same letter via certified mail. I truly appreciate everyone's help and knowledge. KC has also been a great help! I just wish I would have done my research before hand and not been so distracted by the idea of it all. Thank you!

2 months ago
Mar 09, 2020

page 4 of 4

«  prev page   1 2 3 4   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free