Redweek rentals don't work...

Forum: Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

page 2 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Message Author

By michaelr1155

How long prior to the rental date do you typically list and get interest in your week using redweek? I'm trying redweek for the first time and listed a 2016 spring break week in orlando, florida at the marriott royal palms. Is it too early to expect interest yet?

Avatar for michaelr1155 michaelr1155

2 years ago
Oct 08, 2015

By roberts985

In my experience, premium resorts rent out well in a 3-6 month window before the use dates. You're at the beginning of that window and might have slow activity until January. Be sure to cross list on Craigslist (your local, and the Craigslist boards close to the resort). If you get to 90 days out from travel dates, list on eBay, too. I've had excellent success using this approach with my Disneyland and Walt Disney World properties. Good Luck!

Avatar for roberts985 roberts985

2 years ago
Oct 08, 2015

By audreyb95

Redweek rentals do work!

I am thinking about renting my Wyn Bonnet Creek resort out. Should I price it lower, or stay in the middle for pricing?

1 year ago
Dec 22, 2015

By roberts985

Redweek rentals do work!

Price according to your motivation level. I prefer to rent for an amount that at least covers my annual dues... Any lower and I'm disinclined to accept a renter. If you're fairly confident your unit will rent, stick to your guns and price competitively (compared to comparable units on RedWeek). Be sure to cross list on Craigslist (your local and also lists near the resort), and maybe also Ebay. Good luck!

Avatar for roberts985 roberts985

1 year ago
Dec 22, 2015

By mikek692

Hi Julie, I have the same problem. please email me, I have some questions about your experience. I would be grateful if we could discuss. jb.007@live.co.uk

1 month ago
Nov 11, 2017

By ken1193

Redweek rentals DO work!

Fyi, mikek692. julie's post is well over a year old now, so she may never see your inquiry.

For what it's worth, any and every rental ad I have ever posted on RedWeek over about the past 8 or 9 years HAS, without fail and without exception, resulted in a successful rental at my listed price. That's somewhere around a dozen rentals during that time period.

in order for ANY interval to be rented successfully , it must obviously be competitively priced and it must obviously be a resort location (and time period) that is actually of attraction and interest to people in the first place. In a place like Orlando / Kissimmee, Florida, there is such a glut of timeshares that there is always an abundance of rentals from which to choose there. Keep in mind that if your listed rental is the same date and place as other listings, but priced higher that those other listings, you will invariably lose out to the lower priced rentals --- regardless of location. Also, "studios" are usually much more difficult to rent out, since people (especially families) understandably want actual bedrooms and comfortable, functional living space --- not be all cramped within one glorified motel room.

RedWeek rental ads are paid for and posted for up to six months. In my opinion and experience it is wise to utilize as much of that exposure period as possible. People need to make vacation plans and travel arrangements well in advance, so posting an ad just 30 or 60 days ahead of the occupancy date severely reduces chances of a successful rental.

Last edit by ken1193 on Nov 13, 2017 06:09 AM.

1 month ago
Nov 12, 2017

page 2 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free