Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

Forum: Timeshare Companies

page 1 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Message Author

By Nicholas C.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

I work with a consumer advocacy group that works with timeshare owners. This group is aimed at helping timeshare owners that bought the timeshare because of the timeshare being misrepresented by the sales person, or were not fully explained important information that would effect the buying decision.

This group fights the resorts to get the ownership cancelled and many times has gotten back any monies that were paid to the resort. We have a list of common practices where we have been very successful (over 90% success rate).

If you feel like you bought the timeshare and found things out after you bought it, and if that would have led you to not buy the timeshare... please shoot me a pm and I will get back to you with the details.

Thanks for reading!

Avatar for Nicholas C. Nicholas C.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Don P.

SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar for Don P. Don P.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Nicholas C.

Not a scam... the first case was won on July 19th 2012... We work for a group that has helped hundreds of people get out of their timeshares that they were conned into buying.... Not a ton of people have heard of it because it is very recent... It is not a scam to fight a resort for misrepresentation and fraud...

Avatar for Nicholas C. Nicholas C.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Don P.

Take a hike scammer. Redweek does not allow you to advertise your scam in their forum. Don't be conned by these scammers. I'll be reporting you to redweek if you post any contact information. I will post after you every time you post and warn everyone to avoid your scam.

Avatar for Don P. Don P.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Nicholas C.

do some research. Not a scam. Read a couple threads down.

Im not going to leave any contact info, i just want people to know that they are not stuck with these things if they bought them because of fraud,.. we even go after timeshare resale companies who charge up front fee's...

I am trying to help people... please stop calling me a scammer

Last edit by phyl21 on May 07, 2013 05:20 PM.

Avatar for Nicholas C. Nicholas C.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Don P.

Take your scam machine somewhere else. Anyone that gets involved with you derserves to lose their hard earned money.

Avatar for Don P. Don P.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Nicholas C.

who said i am asking for money?

Avatar for Nicholas C. Nicholas C.

7 years ago
May 07, 2013

By Don P.

We're wise to your scams in here. You lead people on with a promise to get them out of their contracts. Once they take the bait you come up with a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction. If they are dumb enough to fall for it then you come up with another " fee " that has to be paid. It goes on until you bleed them dry. Then they get put on a " sucker list " and others contact them cliaming they can recover the money you scammed them out of.

You claim you can get them out of a contract because the salesperson lied to them. Not true. They are bound by the legal and binding contract they signed. No verbal promises can supercede a written contract.

Go somewhere else and try your scam. I will be here every day to refute your lies.

Avatar for Don P. Don P.

7 years ago
May 08, 2013

By R P.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

nicholasc59 wrote:
I work with a consumer advocacy group that works with timeshare owners. This group is aimed at helping timeshare owners that bought the timeshare because of the timeshare being misrepresented by the sales person, or were not fully explained important information that would effect the buying decision.

This group fights the resorts to get the ownership cancelled and many times has gotten back any monies that were paid to the resort. We have a list of common practices where we have been very successful (over 90% success rate).

If you feel like you bought the timeshare and found things out after you bought it, and if that would have led you to not buy the timeshare... please shoot me a pm and I will get back to you with the details.

Thanks for reading!

Sorry to have to tell you this, but what is said (verbally) in a timeshare presentation (old saying = "if a timeshare salesperson moves their lips, they're lying") will NOT hold up in a court of law (he said, she said etc) .... the only thing that WILL hold up in a court of law is the written contract. If the promises made in a presentation were not part of the written contract then you have no leg to stand on in court.

Perhaps it's time you looked for other ways to make a living.

Last edit by jayjay on May 08, 2013 09:12 AM.

Avatar for R P. R P.

7 years ago
May 08, 2013

By Quentin J.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

Yes. False information has me legally bound to a timeshare ownership

Avatar for Quentin J. Quentin J.

5 years ago
Feb 23, 2015

By Lance C.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

quentinj2 wrote:
False information has me legally bound to a timeshare ownership

Sadly this can be said about thousands of timeshare owners. Here are a few suggestions.

1) Try making use of what you have. You obviously saw something positive about it that made you sign on the dotted line. If, however, you've decided that you have absolutely no further use for timeshares, then...

2) Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare as these are all scams.

3) If you want to get rid of it, then try either selling it or giving it away. You can advertise for low cost here on RedWeek, My Resort Network, Bid Shares, E-Bay, Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tug2.net), or even Craigslist.

4) Try asking the resort if it will take your unit back. It might require you to pay closing costs (about $250) and maybe even the next maintenance fee but it will work out cheaper than paying the many "Get out of your timeshare" operations.

Avatar for Lance C. Lance C.

5 years ago
Feb 23, 2015

By Jack R.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

I was lied to buying a timeshare. They are crooks. So I got out of my time share. And I say ha ha. To the crooks

Avatar for Jack R. Jack R.

2 years ago
Nov 26, 2017

By Don P.

Don't ask how....that's how the scammers work . They set you up to ask how the got rid of their timeshare and then they plug their SCAM company in the forum for free. Don't ask and let the scammer disappear .

Avatar for Don P. Don P.

2 years ago
Nov 26, 2017

By KC

Lies, fairy tales and not so subtle solicitations...

jackr225 wrote:
I was lied to buying a timeshare. They are crooks. So I got out of my time share. And I say ha ha. To the crooks

In these discussion forums. we too say "ha ha", but we say it a bit more eloquently and we say it to semi-literate wannabe scammers making bogus and misleading claims in an attempt to solicit business for "escape" scams --- people like you, for example. ;-)

Virtually EVERYONE who ever purchased a timeshare directly from a developer has been lied to by hungry and deceitful sales weasels to some degree. That does not in any way change the fact that all of the assorted lies, misrepresentations and exaggerations mean absolutely NOTHING; it's just meaningless noise temporarily floating around in the air.

In the final analysis, ONLY the WRITTEN content of the associated contract is legally binding and most contracts (which most people unfortunately do not even bother to read) openly STATE that fact. No one magically gets out of a contract which they voluntarily signed of their own free will just because some hungry sales weasel lied to them, no matter what the various upfront fee "escape / relief / exit / rescue" scammers might claim.

An old saying states that "a fool and his money are soon parted". Don't become someone who proves that old saying to be true. Ignore upfront fee scammers making bogus "escape" claims. If they can't drum up any business, they may have to go actually work for a living.

Last edit by ken1193 on Nov 26, 2017 11:46 AM.

Avatar for KC KC

2 years ago
Nov 26, 2017

By Kathleen F.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

I was a member of Diamond Resorts Kaanapali Beach Club. While I was a gold member which is a member owning 50,000 points or more, a sales person and sales manager put the fear of God into me and lied regarding my future use of my time share unless I paid an exorbitant amount of money to them (first they wanted $100,000; then $56,000 and in an effort to extort money from me however little they took $11,900). Since I was a single owner, I fell subject to their lies and ended up paying that additional $11,900 for an additional 3,000 more points which I did not need, want nor could afford. This was an exhorbident amount! It was many times more money than what I had paid for points in the past. A few years later, I had to relinquish my timeshare because the ever increasing maintenance fees were eating up my retirement savings.

Should anyone become aware of a lawsuit against diamond resorts international, please let me know. Thank you!!! 👍🏽

Last edit by kathleenf57 on Sep 05, 2018 05:39 PM.

Avatar for Kathleen F. Kathleen F.

2 years ago
Dec 03, 2017

By Lance C.

kathleenf57 wrote:
Should anyone become aware of a lawsuit against diamond resorts international, please write me at...

I understand the pain and frustration you are going through. All that being said, I would recommend removing your e-mail address from a public forum like this. You will start getting bombarded with scam or questionable e-mails and offers from unscrupulous sources. They prey on people like you who are dead-set on suing various timeshare entities.

Keep in mind too that even if you do have a legitimate case, these cases can drag on and take months or years before a settlement is reached. And even at that, not much compensation is given to the plaintiffs after the lawyers get their share of the settlement.

Like many on these boards try to emphasize, what matters is not what the sales people told you but what was in the contract you signed. Even in jurisdictions where they might say that what the sales person told you superceeds what was written in the contract, you have to be able to prove that the person lied to you. It will then come down to a matter of He said, She said.

If you do decide to go through with such a lawsuit, I hope you do take the defendants to the cleaners. Maybe this will get the timeshare industry to clean up its act with these developer sales tactics. However, I am not holding my breath and I am just cautioning you to tread carefully.

Avatar for Lance C. Lance C.

2 years ago
Dec 03, 2017

By KC

kathleenf57 wrote:
Should anyone become aware of a lawsuit against diamond resorts international, please write me at XXXXXXXXXX.

If you do a little searching (on this site and elsewhere) I believe that you may find that there are some legal actions already in progress against DRI. I'm certainly not going to do your homework FOR you, but you can "search" for DRI related posts on this site, on Facebook, etc. --- and Google is your friend too. I wouldn't rely on anyone reaching out to you as a result of posting your email address, EXCEPT....

Posting your email address in ANY Internet discussion forum (including this one) is basically extending an open invitation to scammers and spammers and others of ill intent to easily contact you to attempt to work their scam. After all, you've publicly admitted to having ALREADY fallen for a deceitful "pitch" at least once or twice before. I suggest promptly editing your post to delete your email address, but that's entirely up to you.

Last edit by ken1193 on Dec 04, 2017 06:10 AM.

Avatar for KC KC

2 years ago
Dec 03, 2017

By Martin C.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

I was very mislead when talked into buying this timeshare and regret ever buying. I paid cash for a Worldmark by Wyndham timeshare because of their misleading BS. My wife and I were shown an encretably beautiful room, and told how easy it all is to vacation at there resorts, and how much money it would save us in the long run. All this thing does is continue to cost us money (maintenance fees) more BS. There’s never rooms available unless your willing to book a year in advance, and good luck with that, but the thing I feel the most mislead by is the fact that when I die this timeshare will become the responsibility of my children “there’s Just no way I’d ever agreed to such a thing as that”. Hope you can. Thanks for letting me vent

Avatar for Martin C. Martin C.

1 year ago
Sep 04, 2018

By KC

Correction required here...

martinc140 wrote:
...the thing I feel the most mislead by is the fact that when I die this timeshare will become the responsibility of my children...

This is simply not true or accurate --- unless you made the huge mistake of putting your children's names on the deed when you purchased the timeshare.

If their names are not already on the deed, your children can simply "disclaim" the inheritance when that time comes. They are in no way obligated to take over that responsibility upon your demise unless their names are already on the deed.

Last edit by ken1193 on Sep 04, 2018 06:01 PM.

Avatar for KC KC

1 year ago
Sep 04, 2018

By Kathleen F.

Did you get lied to and it led to you buying a timeshare?

Thank you!

Last edit by kathleenf57 on Sep 05, 2018 05:45 PM.

Avatar for Kathleen F. Kathleen F.

1 year ago
Sep 05, 2018

page 1 of 2

«  prev page   1 2   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free