Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Forum: Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

page 7 of 7

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   next page  »

Message Author

By phyl21
RedWeek.com Team

You will also find tips on staying safe on our Resources page: Stay Safe

Any posting flagged with "Verified and Protected" means RedWeek has verified the details of the posting with the resort and you are able to make a credit card payment directly to RedWeek. You will find more information on this page: RedWeek Verified

Last edit by phyl21 on Jun 21, 2018 09:29 PM.

RedWeek.com Team

4 months ago
Jun 21, 2018

By billc589

phyl21, thank you for the response. I am new to this and they offering is by a Redweek member but it is not listed as Redweek verified and the member says he will only take a check and will not use Escrow service.

phyl21 wrote:
You will also find tips on staying safe on our Resources page: Stay Safe

Any posting flagged with "Verified and Protected" means RedWeek has verified the details of the posting with the resort and you are able to make a credit card payment directly to RedWeek. You will find more information on this page: RedWeek Verified

3 months ago
Jun 22, 2018

By phyl21
RedWeek.com Team

billc589 - You can send the posting number you are inquiring about to support@redweek.com (or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page) and we can let you know how long the owner has been a member of RedWeek and if we have any complaints on their account.

RedWeek.com Team

3 months ago
Jun 22, 2018

By davidg1131

Not use Escrow service is the "Norm" for people who rent out units. It does not benefit them.

One big problem with "Verified and Protected" with RedWeek since this is a new thing is REDWEEK , the protected part, should have several restriction levels on canceling. Normal timeshare protocol is to get outside insurance for your stay and that the reservation is non-refundable. Not the get 50% back if canceled within 60 days from the trip. It is very hard to move a vacation on a 60 day limit. Not getting paid till the vacation is completed is another problem if this were also true. We have had to pay for our places a year in advance and could use our money also.

I have just made several advertisements that I would normally go with the "verified" but opted not to because of the "protected" part with the terms listed.

Maybe Redweek could just have our basic "when we became a member" pined to our Name as we all have to be members anyway would save work for Redweek employee's as suggested. Especially if it could help in the comfort level of doing business with someone.

Dave

Avatar for davidg1131 davidg1131

3 months ago
Jun 22, 2018

By phyl21
RedWeek.com Team

davidg1131- Just to clarify, you can get your posting verified and opt out of payment protection. You are able to switch the payment protection off for one posting or all your postings. As you mentioned, the owner receives 50% if the rental is canceled outside of 60 days, and 100% if canceled less than 60 days. Payment is sent to the owner by email two days after the check-in date.

We have considered ratings or dates associated with each member, but felt it might put any new member at a big disadvantage, so we have opted to provide ways to guarantee a safe transaction with payment protection or the escrow service.

RedWeek.com Team

3 months ago
Jun 22, 2018

By teresaw207

Opinion on my listing

Hi Tracey, I am using RedWeek for the first time. I have tried other sites and was unsuccessful. When I try to ask questions RW says they can't advise me...

The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas Rental Posting R789713

We originally book this for our use (it's a 2 bedroom) but couldn't find anyone able to go with us. It is booked for 9 nights as that's how long we have for the local school mid-winter break.

Tracy in Washington

Avatar for teresaw207 teresaw207

2 months ago
Jul 24, 2018

By darrylm50

I haven't been scammed by RW but haven't had much success renting my timeshare on this site. I've had better success on AirBnB. Maybe not as high as what some claim they get on RW but at least I'm getting bookings. Three bookings in 3 months with AirBnb, 0 in 18 months with RW (despite lowering price several times).

2 months ago
Aug 09, 2018

Message deleted.

2 months ago
Aug 11, 2018

By tf23

Horrible, Horrible dealing with Red Week. I found a timeshare on Maui on the Red Week site. It was a Full Service Red Week deal. I offered/paid the owners full price, entered all the AMEX info and received a response from Red Week confirming but indicated “ do not make airplane reservations until we advise”. Three days later airfares are up $500 and I try repeatedly to get in touch with Red Week to get status on timeshare rental. I sent at least 6 emails ( internet company) but no response. No phone number on their website. Finally got their phone number and called and no one available. Had to leave messages several times. Finally, the Full Service Manager at Red Week sent an email that indicated they had just followed up with the owner but the response did not meet their requirements. The Full Service Manager indicated the owner may not have been computer literate and did not indicate “ acceptance “ of the full asking price required. The Full Service Manager then called the owner and left a message. No response received. I have cancelled the offer.

If you use Red Week understand they are an internet company. I sent at least 6 emails outlining the problem and asking them to respond. In response I received standard emails indicating they would be in touch with me. Eventually Ifound their phone number and called multiple times and had to leave a message wherein the tape recording stated they would be in touch within 48 hours. Remember they are an internet company and really don’t want to talk with you. Finally ,The Full Service Manager Lorna Quinjaro called me to discuss the matter. She indicated the owner has 48 hours to respond to an offer ( even a full offer ) . Although the 48 hours had expired Red Week would not proceed with the reservation.

My lesson learned:

We wanted to go to Maui but we experienced an unresponsive owner who must “accept “ the offer in an environment of rising airfare. I don't believe Red Week did anything more than the minimum to facilitate this rental. It didn’t matter to them. It was like talking to the DMV.

It’s an internet company. They really don’t want to talk to you and recommend you send them an email.

Red Week has many owners advertising their timesh rentals. In the future I will deal only with owners. Red Week is a beaucracy.

Tfvarley@aol.com

1 month ago
Sep 12, 2018

By redweek_support
RedWeek.com Team

We have looked at all the events with your booking and please know that we do absolutely regret that it didn't work out. Our goal is to have all our Verified and Protected rentals successfully completed, however we do realize that there may be occasions where that just doesn't happen.

We don’t hide the fact that we’re an internet-based company, as are many companies and this has been our model since our start in 2002. We have a very limited telephone staff and while we don’t have many urgent situations arise, our staff is trained to direct any urgent issues to the appropriate manager.

It’s important to clarify that every rental on our site, both Verified and Protected and DIY is 'owned' by a private individual. In either case, there may be communication delays, because the immediate inventory that hotels bookings systems have access to. So with timeshare rentals, most guests are saving a good amount of money from what the resorts charge. One of the trade-offs for that savings in limited inventory that can’t usually be confirmed instantly.

The reason why we advise that travelers wait to purchase airfare is because we have seen cases, particularly with Do-It-Yourself rental bookings where a prospective renter will inquire about a rental posting and immediately purchase airfare. They assume that they will have accommodations, and when they learn that there isn’t availability, they are left with non-refundable tickets.

With Verified and Protected specifically, the timeshare owner must accept the booking on their own and must digitally sign the agreement. Because that rental agreement is a legal document, neither RedWeek or our staff will ever accept the terms for a renter or accept a booking on behalf of the owner. In your booking, the owner unfortunately did not either accept or decline the booking in a timely manner, despite us reaching out to them numerous times. Under normal circumstances, after the owner’s acceptance deadline arrives, the booking would automatically cancel, however in this matter, we took an extra step and continued to try contact the owner to see if they needed assistance in completing the booking acceptance.

We can certainly understand your disappointment. Yesterday, we had four of our team members working on this and while we work very hard to prevent rental bookings from failing, there may be rare times when a booking will fail regardless of our efforts.

Avatar for redweek_support redweek_support
RedWeek.com Team

1 month ago
Sep 13, 2018

page 7 of 7

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6 7   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free