Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Forum: Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

page 6 of 6

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6   next page  »

Message Author

By richardw733

Hi Maurice, Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear you will try to do better. You have made some interesting observations but with a bit of a twist on the facts and potential results. On the above post, we used some estimated figures and didn’t take into consideration all the details. From our perspective, a reasonable hypothetical would be to compare our rental proceeds this year to the same proceeds last year for the same unit during the same week. Our original asking price was 3% higher than last years gross rental price and the hypothetical figures you have quoted above are substantially higher than reality. Under what we believe is a reasonable comparable scenario, assuming that penalty is ultimately received, our total proceeds for the combined rental and the penalty would be 15% more than the prior year rental. We would not consider that a windfall after all that has transpired and believe your records would confirm that to be the case (but if not please feel free to publish otherwise). As a matter of fact, in this case, the fees charged by RedWeek (again assuming the penalty applies) will be double what was charged by RedWeek last year and we have NO issue with that either (as two contracts were involved). On the other hand you may argue that we had a windfall last year but none of that is really relevant. The relevant penalty provisions established by RedWeek are included in the contract for the obvious reasons to protect the owner. All we are asking is that RedWeek take the necessary steps to do just that and keep us informed. The potential ultimate end result was not derived from our greed but is in line with normal business practices when a renter backs out of a contract. The real issue is that your organization continually drops the ball and then apologizes for their shortcomings. At the end of the day, everyone does make some mistakes and that is to be expected. However, in the case of RedWeek, the mistakes are ongoing and that is not acceptable. The organization really needs to step up its game particularly when they describe their product as a FULL SERVICE RENTAL. At this point, we still do not have any indication as to the expected timeline for resolution or precisely what information is changing hands to get to the bottom of this. We will be most grateful if you could provide that and avoid the biased implications made above so we would have a clear understanding of the path forward.

Avatar for richardw733 richardw733

3 weeks ago
Nov 23, 2017

By maurice
RedWeek.com Team

Hi, Richard. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

I looked through the support threads. And, yes, I totally get why you're frustrated. I see Lorna sent you an update on the chargeback on the 21st, but you should have been notified earlier. I'm going to change our processing so when a hold is applied to a booking, our team is prompted for a note to the owner/renter as to the reason.

We've only had a couple of cancellations so far and this is the first time anyone has claimed identity theft.

I can't say for certain, but from everything we can see on our side, the booking was not due to identity theft, so we are challenging the chargeback. We're going back and forth with the credit card company now.

RedWeek.com Team

2 weeks ago
Nov 27, 2017

By jamesa892

Still digging...

I agree totally. William2319 got exactly what he paid for. He rented his timeshare, got paid and RedWeek kept their word. They can't control EXACTLY when funds clear. How is a couple of days longer than expected payment, especially over a weekend, going to affect William. He must be behind on his mortgage. You should be ashamed of yourself William2319.

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

By billm819

James- Maybe you should speak for yourself and get the facts before you speak about something you have no idea about. Redweek does have control of funds. I paid to have the unit posted and rented. I paid that and had no issues with that. I also paid to have the funds delivered when the agreement states. No different then any company who offers a service. That was missed by a week with nothing but excuses by Redweek. My only request was a only for a refund of that fee ( which was minimal ) for failure to deliver as agreed. It is not a $$ issue but a principal issue. No different then Fed Ex, UPS or USPS. when you pay for delivery and they fail you get refunded. Pretty simple concept if you can understand that. I believe in making things right by the customer when we screw up and this is no different. I doubt you get the concept . Bill

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

By jamesa892

They promise to SEND payment in 2 business days. They don't say you'll RECEIVE payment in 2 business days. EFTs can take 3 days or more days, so that's 5 days and you got your money on the 7th day. You're complaining about payment being 1 or 2 days late! And you call that a SCAM! Unbelievable! A scam would be if RedWeek never sent you ANY money. And the representative states that you wanted a full refund for your minor inconvenience. And how did you get ripped off? Why are you in such a hurry to get the money anyway, in need for a fix. You could use one.

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

By maurice
RedWeek.com Team

Bill, I see you renewed your membership and bought some DIY postings.

After you went around and left negative reviews for us everywhere you could find, I figured you wouldn't be back. You really want to continue to do business with us?

We'll happily refund your membership and posting fees. I think it might be better for everyone involved if you found a more reputable company.

RedWeek.com Team

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

By donp196

I could see if there was an emergency and time was of the essence but you're talking about a couple of days . I would be happy to have the deal done and get my money and that's what happened . Redweek kept their end of the deal and paid the customer what else could you want ? I agree with Maurice that maybe you should find another site to rent out your timeshare .

If you see whats going on in the world today this seems like such a petty complaint .

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

By ken1193

maurice wrote:
Bill, I see you renewed your membership and bought some DIY postings.

After you went around and left negative reviews for us everywhere you could find, I figured you wouldn't be back. You really want to continue to do business with us?

We'll happily refund your membership and posting fees. I think it might be better for everyone involved if you found a more reputable company.

Maurice, you are more gracious and polite with William than I would be if in your position.

William2319 (apparently now "reinvented" as billm819) should be grateful that he was allowed to renew his RedWeek membership AT ALL. If in RedWeek's shoes, I would have rejected the renewal with a polite "no thank you", immediately declining the membership renewal payment and bidding William / Bill farewell --- permanently. But that's just me...

Last edit by ken1193 on Dec 15, 2017 08:57 AM.

3 days ago
Dec 14, 2017

page 6 of 6

«  prev page   1 2 3 4 5 6   next page  »

Reply to Topic

Available only to RedWeek.com Guests and Members
Sign in or register for free